The following Tournament Rules & Regulations is hereby adopted will govern the conduct of the 3rd SM Bowling Millionaire’s Cup 2016.
- Rules: All PBC and FIQ WTBA playing rules and regulations shall apply.
- Eligibility: This Tournament is open to all bowlers, including current and former members of the National & National Youth teams and pools. Participants must be currently registered and certified members of the Philippine Bowling Congress.
- Entry Fees: All entries must be submitted with the relevant fees. No refund will be allowed.
- Registration Fees: A one-time Registration fee of PHP 3,000.00 per bowler will be charged for all participants. Registration fee is to be paid prior to playing the first squad games.
A. The latest available PBC Average (2nd Quarter 2016), SM Bowling Millionaire’s Cup and/or any PBC-sanctioned Tournament Average will be used as the INITIAL basis for playing average. A minimum of twenty (24) OFFICIAL games will be used as basis. The higher average will prevail. In the event these are not available, any recognized or sanctioned Association/Club league or tournament average, with a minimum number of 24 games will be used. Submitted Association/Club averages must be supported by copies of actual current league results. Bowlers’ average are subject to confirmation by the Tournament Committee.
i. The highest listed average among available playing averages, as determined by the Tournament Committee, will used as basis for a player’s entering average.
ii. The tournament committee reserves the right to re-rate any bowler, subject to its sole discretion, and to deny entries as may be determined.
iii. Bowlers without certifiable averages based on the above criteria, will be given an automatic entering average of 196.
iv. Overseas-based bowlers will be given an automatic handicap of (0).
B. The entering averages of the top eight (8) bowlers of the 1st and 2nd SM Bowling Millionaire’s Cup shall be upgraded to the next higher handicap classification (based on the table below) regardless of certified average.
Ex. Listed average is 180 with a handicap of 20, this shall be upgraded to 185 with a handicap of 16.
C. For the National Finals, averages shall be recomputed based on the total number of games played during the qualifying period. These shall include:
i. The best four (4) qualifying sets each month
ii. The total monthly finals scratch scores
The new averages for the National Finals shall not be lower than that initial entering average for any bowler.
- Handicaps. Handicaps shall be awarded as follows: (Refer to complete Handicapping Mechanics here)
- Format. A modified Singles Classic format is adopted for this tournament. Each player will bowl a minimum of three (3) sets of 3 games per set plus handicap, for a total of nine (9) games. Bowlers are allowed multiple entries, with no limit of re-entries. The three (3) best sets shall comprise a bowler’s monthly qualifying score.
a. Monthly Qualifiers. The top eight (8) bowlers per division, from each of the participating SM Bowling centers, shall qualify for the Monthly Finals, which shall be rotated among the participating SM Bowling centers.
b. There shall be six (6) Monthly Finals for Area North, and three (3) for Area South.
c. Point System. Points shall be awarded according to the order of finish of bowlers during the Monthly Finals. Participation points shall also be given to bowlers who fail to qualify for the monthly finals. Points will be awarded as follows:
d. Qualifiers to the National Finals. Based on the accumulated points earned after the six (6) month qualifying period, the following will automatically qualify for the National Finals.
i. Day 2. The top twenty-four (24) bowlers per division for Area North, and the top six (6) bowlers from Area South shall automatically advance to Day 2.
ii. Day 1. The top 25th to 60th ranked bowlers from Area North, and the 7th to 18th ranked bowlers from Area South shall play on Day 1.
iii. To qualify for the National Finals: (Based on area of registration)
a. AREA NORTH – Bowlers must have played in at least two (2) monthly qualifying periods
b. AREA SOUTH – Bowlers must have played in at least one (1) monthly qualifying period
iv. Participants shall be classified based on the area (North or South) from which they had originally registered. However, Ranking Points can be earned even by participating in another Area. i.e. Bowlers from Cebu and Davao can earn points by participating in the Luzon qualifying centers, and vice-versa. The total points of which shall be carried over to a bowler’s qualification into the National Finals.
v. A bowler who participates in more than one center for a particular Monthly Finals, can only earn Ranking Points for the higher finishing position.
vi. Bowlers who play in more than one division, shall earn points separately for each division they play in.
- MONTHLY CENTER FINALS. The Monthly finals shall be held from based on the pre-set schedule below. Day 1 is for Classified Division while Day 2 is for Open Division.
a. Reserves for the Monthly Center Finals shall be field from a) Originating Center b) Master List
b. Monthly Center Finalists shall play an eight (8) game series (with handicap) to determine the top four (4) bowlers who will advance to the knock-out matches.
c. The top qualifier shall face bowler No. 4, while No. 2 & 3 shall face-off in a one-game knock-out match to determine the surviving bowlers who shall advance to the finals.
d. The surviving two (2) bowlers shall play a one-game knock-out match, the winner of which shall be declared the CHAMPION. The final placing for the 3rd and 4th placers shall be determined by the losing scores in the foregoing semi-final matches.
- NATIONAL FINALS. The National Finals shall be held from October 16 – 18, 2016 at SM Bowling Mall of Asia. The Grand Finals shall be on October 19, 2016 venue TBA.
Day 1 – OCTOBER 16, 2016
Based on the total accumulated points in the foregoing monthly finals, the 25th – 60th ranked bowlers from Area North, and the 7th to 18th ranked bowlers from Area South, shall play an eight (8) game series with lane movement every game. Total pinfalls to determine the top eighteen (18) bowlers who will advance to Day 2 of the National Finals.
Day 2 – OCTOBER 17, 2016
The top eighteen (18) bowlers after Day 1 shall join the top 24 bowlers from Area North and the top 6 bowlers from Area South, on Day 2 of the National Finals. Starting from scratch, qualifiers shall play a ten (10) game series with lane movement every game. Total pinfalls to determine the top twenty four (24) bowlers who shall advance to Day 3. Reserves for Day 1 shall be field in by the order of finish of bowlers on Day 1.
Day 3 – OCTOBER 18, 2016
With their scores carried over from Day 2, the surviving twenty-four (24) bowlers shall play another six (6) games to determine the top eight (8) bowlers who shall advance to the Quarterfinals.
Day 4 – OCTOBER 19, 2016 (GRAND FINALS)
Round of 8 Quarterfinals. Based on a pre-arranged schedule, the top eight (8) bowlers shall bowl one-game knockout matches (with handicap) to determine the surviving four (4) bowlers who will advance to the Semi-finals.
Round of Four Semifinals. The surviving four bowlers shall bowl a one-game knockout match with handicap, to determine the two (2) bowlers who will advance to the Finals.
Grand Finals. The surviving two (2) bowlers shall play a two-game series with handicap. Total pinfalls plus handicap, to determine the 3rd SM Bowling Millionaires Cup Open Masters CHAMPION.
a. Classified Masters Division. The same format as that of the Open Masters, shall be played for the Classified Division.
a. Ties for any position in the Qualifying will be broken as follows: The bowler with the least difference between highest and lowest 3-game set will prevail. Should a tie still ensue, the bowler with the lower handicap shall prevail.
b. Ties in the Monthly Finals, shall be resolved as follows: the bowler with the higher last game shall prevail. Should a tie persist, the bowler with the higher second to the last game shall prevail. This shall continue until the tie is broken.
c. In the National Finals, ties shall be broken as follows:
i. In case of a tie for the any of the position that advances to the next round, the bowler with the lower handicap will prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler with the highest last game (with handicap) shall prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler with the higher second to the last game (with handicap) will prevail. This will continue until the tie is broken.
ii. Should ties ensue in the Quarterfinals, Semi-finals and Grand Finals, a ninth and tenth frame will be bowled until the tie is broken.
- PRIZE STRUCTURE
- ENTRY FEES
No other discounts shall be applied to the above-mentioned tournament fees. All Registration Fees must be paid-up before the first set of qualifying is played. All Playing fees must be paid-up prior to the start of a block of games
- Eligibility: Protest involving eligibility must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Manager or his appointed official on duty within 24 hours of the time of the alleged infringement.
- Errors in Scoring: the Tournament Officials immediately upon discovery of such errors, will correct the scoring errors or calculation. Protests involving such errors in scoring will only be entertained if such protests are brought to the attention of the Tournament Manager or his appointed official on duty on the spot.
- Fouls: Protests involving fouls must be brought to the attention of the Lane Marshals before the delivery of the next ball. No protests will be entertained after the bowler has made his second delivery of the frame.
- All other protests, except where they involve the National Finals, must be made in writing to the Tournament Manager on the spot or before the awarding of prizes.
- When it involves the National Finals, Step-Ladder Finals and/or Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Grand Finals, the protest must be made in writing to the Tournament Manager on the spot and/or before the announcement of winners/presentation of prizes.
- All matters not covered herein may be forwarded to the SM Bowling Tournament Committee for clarification and its decision shall be implemented accordingly.
- All protests may be appealed and subject to final arbitration with the SM Bowling Tournament Committee, and its decision shall be deemed final and executory.