Join the first SM Bowling Junior Cup happening in all SM Bowling and Leisure Centers nationwide on May 30 and 31, 2015!
May 6 to 30, 2015
May 6 to 27, 2015
TOURNAMENT PLAYING RULES
The following tournament rules and regulations are hereby adopted to govern the conduct of the first SM Bowling Junior Cup:
1) RULES: All PBC and FIQ WTBA playing rules and regulations shall apply.
2) SANCTION: This tournament, in its entirety, shall be certified and sanctioned by the Philippine Bowling Congress (PBC).
3) ELIGIBILITY: This Tournament is open to all youth bowlers, 20 years old and below as of January 1, 2015, except current and former members of the National & National Youth teams and pools.
4) ENTRY FEES: All entries must be submitted with the relevant fees. No refund will be allowed.
5) REGISTRATION FEES: A one-time fee of PHP 3,000.00 per bowler will be charged for all participants. Registration fee is to paid prior to playing the first squad games and is inclusive of two (2) playing squads. Applicable to Junior Masters Only!
6) PLAYING DIVISIONS: There shall be two (2) playing divisions:
NOVICE MASTERS – shall be composed of youth bowlers who participated in the 2015 SM Learn to Strike Summer Bowling Program, and without an established PBC/Association/Club playing average
JUNIOR MASTERS – Open to all qualified youth bowlers
7) AVERAGES: For participants playing the JUNIOR Masters division: The latest PBC Average (1st Quarter 2015), SM Bowling Cup, SM Millionaire’s Cup and any PBC-sanctioned Tournament Average will be used as the INITIAL basis for playing average. In the event these are not available, any recognized or sanctioned Association/Club league or tournament average, with a minimum number of 24 games will be used. Submitted Association/Club averages must be supported by copies of actual current league results. Bowlers’ average are subject to confirmation by the Tournament Committee.
– The highest listed average among available playing averages, as determined by the Tournament Committee, will used as basis for a player’s entering average.
– In the absence of any certifiable average, an automatic entering average of 175 for boys and 165 for girls will be used, subject to confirmation by the Tournament Committee.
– The tournament committee reserves the right to re-rate any bowler at any point of the tournament, and to deny entries as may be determined.
– For participants playing in the NOVICE Masters division: age-based handicapping will be used. Refer to Rule 9.
8) TOURNAMENT FORMAT: A modified Singles Classic format is adopted for this tournament. Each player will bowl a minimum of three (3) set of 3 games per set plus handicap, for a total of nine (9) games. The best three (3) sets shall comprise a bowler’s qualifying score. Bowlers are allowed multiple entries, with no limit of re-entries.
a. Qualifying for the National Finals. The top ten (10) bowlers in SM Megamall, SM Mall of Asia, and SM North EDSA; the top six (6) bowlers from SM Fairview and SM Southmall; and the top three (3) bowlers from SM Cebu and SM Lanang based on their best three (3) set total, shall automatically qualify for the National Finals, to be held on May 31, 2015 at SM Bowling Center North EDSA. Qualifiers from Cebu and Lanang shall take care of the travel and accommodation expenses.
b. Qualifying Period. Bowlers may qualify in participating SM Bowling and Leisure Centers from May 6 – 27, 2015.
c. National Finals.
Junior Masters: Grand finalists shall play an eight (8) game series with handicap, with lane movement every game. Total pinfalls plus handicap will determine the top eight (8) bowlers who will advance to the Quarterfinals.
i. Round of 8 Quarterfinals. Based on a pre-arranged schedule, the top eight (8) bowlers shall bowl one-game knockout matches (with handicap) to determine the surviving four (4) bowlers who will advance to the Semi-finals.
ii. Round of Four Semifinals. The surviving four bowlers shall bowl a one-game knockout match with handicap, to determine the two (2) bowlers who will advance to the Finals. The losing semifinalists shall play a one (1) game match to determine the 3rd and 4th placing.
iii. Grand Finals. The surviving two (2) bowlers shall play a two-game series with handicap. Total pinfalls plus handicap, to determine the 1st SM Junior Bowling Cup CHAMPION.
Novice Masters. Grand finalists shall play a six (6) game series, with lane movement every game. Total pinfalls will determine the top eight (8) bowlers who will advance to the Quarterfinals. Format for the Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Grand Finals shall be the same as that of the Junior Masters division.
9) HANDICAPS: Handicaps will be awarded as follows:
a. Ties for any position in the Qualifying will be broken as follows: The bowler with the least difference between highest and lowest 3-game set will prevail.
b. The bowler with the least difference between the highest and lowest qualifying series shall prevail in any ties for qualifying slots in any of the Masters events. Should a tie still ensue at the end of the qualifying period, a one-game roll-off shall be played to determine the bowler who will advance. .
c. In the National Grand Finals, ties in the Round of 16, Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals and Finals will be broken as follows:
i. In case of a tie for the any of the top eight (8) positions spots after the eight (8) game series, the bowler with the lower handicap will prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler with the highest last game shall prevail. Should a tie still persist, the bowler with the higher second to the last game will prevail. This will continue until the tie is broken.
ii. Ties in the Quarterfinals, Semi-finals and Finals shall be broken by rolling a ninth and tenth frame until the tie is broken.
11) PRIZE STRUCTURE: The total cash prize pot for the first SM Bowling Junior Cup is PHP 236,000.00. The top 4 finishers in each division will receive a trophy.
A perfect game prize of PHP 50,000.00 will also be divided equally among all perfect gamers.
12) ENTRY FEES:
Registration Fee – PHP 3,000.00 (inclusive of 2 qualifying sets)
Re-entries – PHP 750.00 per set
Junior Masters – PHP 3,000.00
Novice Masters Finals – PHP 3,000.00
13) GENERAL PLAYING RULES:
a. Qualifying games/series may be played in all participating SM Bowling and Leisure Center branches on:
i. Opening to Closing on Mondays through Thursdays
ii. Opening to 2:00 p.m. on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Holidays.
iii. Subject to lane availability.
b. All games will be bowled on a pair of lanes with foul lights in operation or foul judges with appointed scorers. Maximum time for practice bowling is five (5) minutes.
c. Games in qualifying rounds may not be left incomplete to be continued at a different hour or time.
d. In case of delay in the normal progress of the games on any lane/lanes for any cause, including but not limited to equipment failure, the Tournament Director or his appointed official shall authorize the completion of a game and or series affected by the delay on another pair of lanes. The unfinished game or series shall commence from the frame of the game when it was delayed.
e. In case of power/computer-failure which results in the loss of any score/s not yet recorded on the Master Score Sheet and which cannot be recalled, the bowler/s concerned will be required to re-bowl a new game. However, scores of completed games that have been recorded on the Master Score Sheets shall stand as the official score and the bowler shall not be required to re-bowl a new game.
f. In case a bowler bowls on the wrong lane and such error is discovered before another bowler has bowled on the same set of lanes, a dead ball shall be declared. In which case, the bowler concerned shall be required to re-bowl on the correct lane. If the error is not discovered and the opposing bowler has bowled on the same set of lanes, the score shall count and the bowler shall be required to bowl his subsequent frames on the wrong lane.
g. On frames with missing pin(s), once the ball is rolled, it shall be treated as a good ball. On frames with fallen or down pin(s) on the pin deck, the frame must be re-bowled.
h. Bowlers are not allowed to reset the pins; only lane men, tournament officials and official scorers are allowed to.
i. Score sheets should be signed by the bowler, and once signed, the score is considered correct and final, unless otherwise decided by the Tournament Committee.
j. Bowlers should wear the uniform provided by the SM Bowling Operations during the Masters Finals. No shorts of any kind will be allowed for male participants, only slacks, jeans and jogging pants are allowed. Bowler/s without the prescribed uniform will be penalized with ten (10) pins deduction per game. Patches/logos affixed to the provided uniforms shall not be allowed.
k. The winners will be solely responsible for all incidental expenses, including taxes and levies that may be applicable in the redemption of their prizes.
a. Eligibility: Protest involving eligibility must be submitted in writing to the Tournament Manager or his appointed official on duty within 24 hours of the time of the alleged infringement.
b. Errors in Scoring: the Tournament Officials immediately upon discovery of such errors, will correct the scoring errors or calculation. Protests involving such errors in scoring will only be entertained if such protests are brought to the attention of the Tournament Manager or his appointed official on duty on the spot.
c. Fouls: Protests involving fouls must be brought to the attention of the Lane Marshals before the delivery of the next ball. No protests will be entertained after the bowler has made his second delivery of the frame.
d. All other protests, except where they involve the Quarterfinals, Semi-finals and Grand finals must be made in writing to the Tournament Manager on or before 1700 hours on Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
e. When it involves the Quarterfinals, Semi-finals and Grand finals, the protest must be made in writing to the Tournament Manager on the spot and/or before the presentation of prizes.
f. All protests may be appealed and subject to final arbitration with the PBC Board of Trustees, and its decision shall be deemed final and executory.